Campaign for The Gulch
We’re 91 Years Old – Help Us Reach 181?
- We exceeded our summer enrollment goals, realized our stated capacity, and had many treks on waiting lists.
- Welcomed 167 summer trekkers, and 1,333 school group students.
- Logged 6,000 days on the trails of NM, CO, AZ, and UT.
- Gave over $70,000 in scholarships to summer trekkers, and $20,000 in grant-based scholarships to Title 1 school groups.
- Increased diversity and availability of treks to even more socioeconomic classes.
- Made it possible for a wide range of youth to get outdoors, unplug and connect with nature and each other.
Find more information about supporting Cottonwood Gulch on our Support Us page.
What We’re Planning
- Kitchen update and expansion
- Addition of six new cabins
- New bunk house for three-season use to extend the season
- Land management and forest health
- Thinning, chipping, tree removal
- Prescribed burn
- Wildfire risk reduction
- Water-catchment and reclamation systems
- Updated latties
- New shower house
- Narrowing the access gap in outdoor education through more robust scholarship funds
- Focus on expanding participation for students of all ethnicities in the Southwest
- Continuing to increase diversity and availability of treks to all socioeconomic classes
Your Donation Will Be Matched 1:1!
We’ve received a matching grant! Your donation will be matched one-to-one, but the deadline is December 31, 2017. A group of generous donors has challenged us to raise $600,000 from new donors*. We have until the end of the year to meet the challenge! No matter the size, your donation counts.
*matching grant applies to new donors and those who did not give between 11/2011 – 11/2014
In our campaign to raise $3M, we’ve reached $2.2M, and we’ve got $800K left to go!
How to Help
Click the button below to make a donation.